- A plant of the genus Helianthus in the daisy family, especially (in gardening) a sunflower.More example sentences
- Tuck summer bloomers like purple verbena, yellow daisylike helianthus, purple coneflower, and coreopsis behind it.
- The giant helianthus grown mostly for show here, is grown on the continent as a commercial crop.
- I just did a little arrangement of nasturtiums, marigolds, and some helianthus, as bright as I could make it.
modern Latin, from Greek hēlios 'sun' + anthos 'flower'.
More definitions of helianthusDefinition of helianthus in:
- The US English dictionary