Definition of helical in English:
Having the shape or form of a helix; spiral: helical molecules
More example sentences
- This serves as the starting point for optimization of the helices in the helical bundle.
- If a voltage is placed across the display, the helical shape is lost.
- It is perfectly realistic to imagine a helical arrangement of straight molecules, as already assumed.
- helically adverb
- Example sentences
- Six wood panels set within slender steel frames open helically over 12 minutes, as the roof forms a star-like pattern and recalls traditional hoist technology used in theaters for centuries.
- On an automated conveyor, a roll unwound, with the continuous sheet sent into a machine that coiled it helically and then welded it automatically with a high-frequency pulse of energy.
- Leaves are parallel veined and appear to be helically arranged.
Words that rhyme with helicalangelical, evangelical
Definition of helical in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.