- 1Having or representing the sun as the centre, as in the accepted astronomical model of the solar system. Compare with geocentric.More example sentences
- The model universally accepted was Kepler's heliocentric solar system with elliptical orbits.
- Just as the Western church refused at first to accept the heliocentric model of Copernicus, so modern astronomy so far chooses to dismiss this second discovery.
- Scientific transactions between east and west also contributed to Copernicus' account of the heliocentric nature of the solar system.
- 1.1 Astronomy Measured from or considered in relation to the centre of the sun: heliocentric distanceMore example sentences
- The varying relationship between geocentric and heliocentric longitudes makes it difficult to calculate the exact chance of such a thing happening in any chart, but it is certainly over 95%.
- More example sentences
- These maps are oriented heliocentrically, the north is at the top, the west is on the right.
- Astrology is a great key to determining the true sequence of planetary orbits, both heliocentrically and geocentrically.
- Simply, the Earth sign stands opposite the Sun in longitude - exact to the degree, minute and second, whether seen geocentrically or heliocentrically.
More definitions of heliocentricDefinition of heliocentric in:
- The US English dictionary