- An apparatus containing a movable mirror, used to reflect sunlight in a fixed direction.More example sentences
- One is the ‘power tower,’ in which thousands of heliostats, or movable mirrors, beam sunlight up to a central tower, powering steam turbines.
- A heliostat (a rotating mirror used to track the Sun) may be used to reflect an image horizontally into a camera.
- Illumination came from sunlight reflected by a heliostat placed outside of a window on the fourth floor.
More definitions of heliostatDefinition of heliostat in:
- The US English dictionary