Definition of heliozoan in English:
A single-celled aquatic animal of the phylum Heliozoa.
- This delicate heliozoan demonstrates the amazing ability of axiopods to repair themselves.
- Of course in the case of both heliozoans, the axopodia were fixed in different states of retraction.
- Heliozoa is one of a diverse group of protozoa called heliozoans that live in both freshwater and marine environments.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting heliozoans.
- The genetic foundation for sequestering ribosomes near the nucleus could have developed in amoeboid or heliozoan ancestors.
- One past heliozoan, Sticholonche, was found by Nikolaev et al. to cluster with Acantharea.
Definition of heliozoan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.