- As fast as possible: I tore hell for leather out of my garageMore example sentences
as fast as possible, as quickly as possible, very fast, very quickly, very rapidly, very speedily, very swiftly, hurriedly, at full speed, at the double, at full tilt, at full pelt, headlong, hotfoot, post-haste, pell-mell, helter-skelter, at the speed of light, at breakneck speed, like an arrow from a bow• informal like a bat out of hell, at a lick, like the wind, like greased lightning, at warp speed, like a bomb, like mad, like crazy, like blazesNorth American • informal lickety-split
- People are going to be up there going hell for leather.
- You are left with two choices - either you let it drift, and risk losing control over the argument, or you go hell for leather and actively push it forward.
- But we are going hell for leather to govern by ourselves.
More definitions of hell for leatherDefinition of hell for leather in:
- The US English dictionary