Definition of hellacious in English:
adjectiveNorth American informal
Very great, bad, or overwhelming: there was this hellacious hailstorm
More example sentences
- To the contrary, investment by multinational corporations can help alleviate the hellacious environmental conditions from which poor nations suffer.
- We book ourselves out every November so we have time to relax after a hellacious summer schedule and so we can enjoy the coming holiday season starting with Thanksgiving.
- All I know is that my wife asked me to do something, because she hasn't had a good night sleep since 2000, and she has a hellacious trial coming up.
- Example sentences
- When some people moved into the cabin next door about Thursday and turned their hellaciously loud children loose, I broke out the noise-canceling headphones and realized I should have been doing that for at least an hour every day.
- But sterilizing a spacecraft is hellaciously difficult.
- I think that she was making a choice, a hellaciously bad one, but a choice all the same.
Words that rhyme with hellaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
Definition of hellacious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India