Definition of hellacious in English:
adjectiveNorth American informal
Very great, bad, or overwhelming: there was this hellacious hailstorm
More example sentences
- To the contrary, investment by multinational corporations can help alleviate the hellacious environmental conditions from which poor nations suffer.
- We book ourselves out every November so we have time to relax after a hellacious summer schedule and so we can enjoy the coming holiday season starting with Thanksgiving.
- All I know is that my wife asked me to do something, because she hasn't had a good night sleep since 2000, and she has a hellacious trial coming up.
- Example sentences
- When some people moved into the cabin next door about Thursday and turned their hellaciously loud children loose, I broke out the noise-canceling headphones and realized I should have been doing that for at least an hour every day.
- But sterilizing a spacecraft is hellaciously difficult.
- I think that she was making a choice, a hellaciously bad one, but a choice all the same.
Definition of hellacious in:
- US English dictionary