noun (plural helmsmen)
- A person who steers a ship or boat.More example sentences
- The helmsman steers the ship back into its regular course, and they are met with a good wind, which cheers the crew.
- The helmsman skillfully navigated the ship towards the enormous docking bay doors which engulfed the view screen.
- It is the helmsman who is accused of neglect, and not the cabin-boy, because it is the helmsman's job to steer the ship.
More definitions of helmsmanDefinition of helmsman in:
- The US English dictionary