- 1A portion of food served to one person at one time: there will be enough for six helpingsMore example sentences
- Their favourite dish is cod and chips, served with a generous helping of salt and vinegar.
- They refuse her every wish - to wear plain, plaid dresses instead of fussy white muslin, to go barefoot outdoors, and to have second helpings of food.
- Mania is about desperately seeking to live life at a more passionate level: taking second and sometimes third helpings on food, alcohol, drugs, sex and money.
- 1.1A quantity of something: it’s a powerful ballad tinged with a huge helping of gospel vibesMore example sentences
- It was clear that the evidence would be met with a huge helping of scepticism in Washington.
- Well the most obvious difference is the huge helping of cache that Intel has added to the Extreme Edition.
- Even if the majority of the industry treat the concept as a joke, with huge helpings of cynicism added in, the average bloke on the street still believes in it.