nounMusic , chiefly British
- A note with the time value of half a demisemiquaver, represented by a large dot with a four-hooked stem. Also called sixty-fourth note.More example sentences
- There was this very specific attention to every hemidemisemiquaver and how quintuplets were going to inter-relate with this and how the texture of the cymbalom would work with the mandolin versus the harps and so on.
- Jackson is a noted perfectionist who wants to get every hemidemisemiquaver right, and if the material is strong enough that true emotion gets through the handiwork, all the better.
- We hear his dizzy, endless melodic chain of hemidemisemiquavers pouring from the chromatic button keyboard of three accordions.
More definitions of hemidemisemiquaverDefinition of hemidemisemiquaver in:
- The US English dictionary