- A plant which obtains or may obtain part of its food by parasitism, e.g. mistletoe, which also photosynthesizes.More example sentences
- Angiosperm root hemiparasites attach to the root system of a host plant and extract xylem sap after gaining contact with xylem vessels.
- In the case of hemiparasites that rely on solutes from the host transpiration stream, it is clear that a higher conductance of parasite xylem and stomata sustains water flux from the host.
- Rhinanthus minor is a facultative hemiparasite found in natural and semi-natural grasslands throughout the UK and Europe.
More definitions of hemiparasiteDefinition of hemiparasite in:
- The US English dictionary