A plane figure with seven straight sides and angles.
More example sentences
- The book promptly answered his question: A heptagon has seven sides.
- Construct a heptagon, given the seven points that are the midpoints of its sides.
- In this case, all of the points lying along a line through this circle's center and perpendicular to the plane of the heptagon are equidistant from the polygon's vertices.
late 16th century: from Greek heptagonon, neuter (used as a noun) of heptagonos 'seven-angled'.
- More example sentences
- He took note through the clear glass walls of the heptagonal room that the employees were still working, even at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. on a Sunday morning.
- They suggest that the magnetic behavior is due to the complex microstructure of the foam in which they observe heptagonal structures having an unpaired electron.
- In the Korean myth, the hero's legitimate son is recognized when he is able to find half of his father's sword at the base of a pine tree growing out of a heptagonal stone.
Definition of heptagon in:
- The US English dictionary