Definition of heptagon in English:
A plane figure with seven straight sides and angles.
- The book promptly answered his question: A heptagon has seven sides.
- Construct a heptagon, given the seven points that are the midpoints of its sides.
- In this case, all of the points lying along a line through this circle's center and perpendicular to the plane of the heptagon are equidistant from the polygon's vertices.
late 16th century: from Greek heptagonon, neuter (used as a noun) of heptagonos 'seven-angled'.
- Example sentences
- He took note through the clear glass walls of the heptagonal room that the employees were still working, even at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. on a Sunday morning.
- They suggest that the magnetic behavior is due to the complex microstructure of the foam in which they observe heptagonal structures having an unpaired electron.
- In the Korean myth, the hero's legitimate son is recognized when he is able to find half of his father's sword at the base of a pine tree growing out of a heptagonal stone.
Definition of heptagon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan