- A colourless liquid hydrocarbon of the alkane series, present in petroleum spirit.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C7H16; several isomers, especially the straight-chain isomer ( n-heptane)
- They are rated based on their ability to resist knocking against a standard mixture of two hydrocarbons, isooctane and heptane.
- Stereochemical isomers are also possible with the alkanes, beginning with heptane.
- The reactants and the catalyst remained in the heptane layer, which was recycled by adding additional acylating agent and fresh aqueous ethanol.
More definitions of heptaneDefinition of heptane in:
- The US English dictionary