- 1The system by which coats of arms and other armorial bearings are devised, described, and regulated: the use of the rose in heraldryMore example sentences
- The colour of blue on the flag is ‘argent’ as described in heraldry.
- Michel Pastoureau is an authority on medieval heraldry and a professor of history at the Sorbonne.
- My purpose here is to explore the significance of this last assumption within the context of the social ideas and values reflected by heraldry in its early medieval days of vigorous development.
- 1.1Armorial bearings or other heraldic symbols: the monument shows the heraldry of William PagetMore example sentences
- The east and south walls are intricately carved with religious symbols and secular heraldry.
- Or are they, as I suspect, just trying to be tough, butch and militaristic by using a symbol that is increasingly finding its way onto military insignias and heraldry?
- Down the street, in the former Kildare Street Club, there is a fine display of Irish coats of arms and heraldry but none of it is really explained or linked to historical places, people or events in any interesting way.
More definitions of heraldryDefinition of heraldry in:
- The US English dictionary