- Denoting or relating to herbs (in the botanical sense).More example sentences
- Overwintering herbaceous plants or evergreen trees can only survive the winter seasons of cold climates when they are able to acclimate.
- It is therefore likely that photorespiration of herbaceous leaves is driven by a large carbon pool.
- Similar salt concentrations can be measured in soil solution of salt-marshes inhabited by a large variety of herbaceous flowering plants.
mid 17th century: from Latin herbaceus 'grassy' (from herba 'grass, herb') + -ous.
More definitions of herbaceousDefinition of herbaceous in:
- The US English dictionary