- A garden border containing herbaceous, typically perennial, flowering plants.More example sentences
- Outside, the impressive half acre of gardens includes a number of mature and specimen trees, herbaceous borders, colourful flowerbeds and immaculate lawns.
- The grounds at the front and the back are extensively landscaped with mature trees, foliage, herbaceous borders, extensive lawned gardens and a paved patio area.
- Anyone who looks forward to brandishing rake and hoe in retirement and then does not do much beyond simple maintenance work in the garden - the status-quo herbaceous border, same old window boxes - is not likely to achieve very much.
More definitions of herbaceous borderDefinition of herbaceous border in:
- The US English dictionary