Definition of herbal medicine in English:
1The study or practice of the medicinal and therapeutic use of plants; herbalism.
- The therapies increasing the most included herbal medicine, massage, megavitamins, self-help groups, folk remedies, energy healing and homeopathy.
- Modulation in herbal medicine means to counteract the effects of stress and bring a process back to normal levels.
- We had been introduced to alternative medicine as a possible cure for Spence's asthma and became interested in the history of herbal medicine.
1.1Remedies and medicines made from plants: traditional doctors prescribe herbal medicine for the prevention and treatment of illness [count noun]: treatment with herbal medicines
More example sentences
- His father was a blacksmith and his mother a wise-woman who used herbal medicines to cure common illnesses.
- None of these herbal medicines is free of adverse effects.
- Some traditional medical practitioners use herbal medicines and set broken bones.
Definition of herbal medicine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan