Definition of herbal medicine in English:
1The study or practice of the medicinal and therapeutic use of plants; herbalism.
- The therapies increasing the most included herbal medicine, massage, megavitamins, self-help groups, folk remedies, energy healing and homeopathy.
- Modulation in herbal medicine means to counteract the effects of stress and bring a process back to normal levels.
- We had been introduced to alternative medicine as a possible cure for Spence's asthma and became interested in the history of herbal medicine.
1.1Remedies and medicines made from plants: traditional doctors prescribe herbal medicine for the prevention and treatment of illness [count noun]: treatment with herbal medicines
More example sentences
- His father was a blacksmith and his mother a wise-woman who used herbal medicines to cure common illnesses.
- None of these herbal medicines is free of adverse effects.
- Some traditional medical practitioners use herbal medicines and set broken bones.
Definition of herbal medicine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.