- The study or practice of the medicinal and therapeutic use of plants, now especially as a form of alternative medicine.More example sentences
- Overall, there are many common elements in the practice of physiomedical herbalism and older traditional systems, especially Ayurveda.
- The use of warming stimulants such as cayenne and ginger and the vapor bath became the primary therapy of Thompsonian physiomedical herbalism.
- Alternative medicine consists of a number of types of therapies, including chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy, herbalism and homeopathy.
More definitions of herbalismDefinition of herbalism in:
- The US English dictionary