Definition of herbarium in English:
noun (plural herbaria /-rɪə/)
1A systematically arranged collection of dried plants.
- All materials examined are deposited at the spirit collection and the herbarium of the Botanical Museum of Cordoba, Argentina.
- Pollen material was obtained from the herbarium of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Voucher specimens were deposited in the herbarium of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
1.1A room or building housing a herbarium.
- Apart from the rooms where patients are treated, the main clinic from which he works in Kitarare, has a nursery and there are plans for an herbarium.
- Both herbaria house a broad collection of specimens from North American representatives of the genus Arabis.
- Most herbaria house morphologically unidentifiable immature collections of Carex.
Definition of herbarium in:
- US English dictionary