noun[usually treated as singular]
- The branch of knowledge that deals with interpretation, especially of the Bible or literary texts.More example sentences
- Reading biblical texts intertextually with a hermeneutics of other deconstructs the familiar and conventional.
- Most of the chapters deal with hermeneutics, interpretation, or philosophy.
- Critical of unnecessary obscurity and jargon of modernist discourse, post-modernism has created a paralleled obscurity of hermeneutics, deconstruction and textual nihilism.
More definitions of hermeneuticsDefinition of hermeneutics in:
- The US English dictionary