- An enthusiastic welcome for someone who has done something brave or praiseworthy: he received a hero’s welcome after flying his monoplane, Spirit of St Louis, from New York non-stop to ParisMore example sentences
- Fans of the Bradford Bulls turned out in their thousands yesterday to give the Super League champions a hero's welcome on the streets of Bradford.
- He got a hero's welcome from around 90 supporters from all over Ireland to welcome the one who took ‘a stand for the land’.
- Hunzwi urged government supporters to flock to the airport to give their leader a hero's welcome after his trip to Cuba for a summit meeting of some of the world's poorest countries.
More definitions of hero's welcomeDefinition of hero's welcome in:
- The US English dictionary