pronoun[third person singular]
- 1 [reflexive] Used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a female person or animal previously mentioned as the subject of the clause: she had to defend herself Jo made herself a cup of teaMore example sentences
- She didn't see why she could just call herself a female Marquis and have done with it!
- Valerie used to go to Southend and treat herself to a cup of coffee when she was feeling down.
- She poured herself a cup from the flask she had tucked away in the holdall she'd brought.
- 2 [emphatic] She or her personally: she told me herselfMore example sentences
- It makes a person want to help others and to become a better person himself or herself.
- So it is for each defendant himself or herself to decide whether to answer or not.
- He hopes she might buy it herself, but admits he is not too concerned who gets it.