Definition of heterologous in English:
adjectivechiefly Medicine & Biology
Not homologous: heterologous antiserum
More example sentences
- Similar levels of T cell proliferation were observed on stimulation with either homologous or heterologous peptides.
- The second component is composed of spindle cell proliferation with accentuation in a periglandular cuff pattern and may contain homologous or heterologous elements.
- A cDNA library of mRNA isolated from asparagus spears 24 h post-harvest was screened for peroxidases using homologous and heterologous probes.
- heterology noun
- Example sentences
- At the MAT locus, parental alleles in diploids differ by a heterology of 700 bp.
- In several studies, mismatches resulting in as little as 1% heterology were sufficient to significantly reduce mitotic recombination.
- Another explanation of recombination rate variation along Allium chromosomes may be the presence of sequence heterologies in the distal parts of A. roylei and A. fistulosum chromosomes.
Definition of heterologous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.