Definition of heterosexual in English:
1(Of a person) sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex.
- The Globe company needs to experiment with casting actors who are androgynous enough to be sexually alluring to heterosexual men.
- A new study finds that lesbians earn more than straight women while heterosexual men earn more than their gay counterparts.
- As a result, I am more in touch with my own sexuality than most heterosexual people could even come close to achieving.
1.1Involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the opposite sex: heterosexual relationships
More example sentences
- Issues surrounding trust and commitment may interfere with condom use in some heterosexual relationships.
- There is ample evidence to show that sexual aggression is a serious problem in heterosexual relationships.
- Those who reported heterosexual sexual relationships were also likely to report heterosexual romantic relationships.
nounBack to top
A heterosexual person.
- These correlations suggest a variety of influences on heterosexuals ' attitudes.
- Talking about homosexuality is easier for heterosexuals than talking about adultery or divorce.
- That lesson is now spreading across the country, as more and more heterosexuals stand up for gay marriage.
- heterosexually adverb
- Example sentences
- In particular, people who are at least in some measure attracted to both sexes may be seen as having a bisexual sexual orientation, but they may choose to behave heterosexually, homosexually, or bisexually.
- In 2000, among young women aged 13 to 24 years, 45% of all AIDS cases reported were acquired heterosexually and 11% were acquired through injection drug use.
- The majority of the sample were heterosexually active at the time of the study, and were involved in monogamous sexual relationships with an average duration of 2.45 years.
Words that rhyme with heterosexualasexual, bisexual, homosexual, psychosexual, sexual, transsexual, unisexual
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.