- This happened in real life in Tulsa, Okla., where administrators at Union Intermediate High School accuse Brandi, 15, of hexing a teacher.
- And for those who have not walked the craft path, just a reminder: we do not worship or believe in the DEVIL and we do not go around hexing people - unless they severely deserve it.
- I'm not sure I should mention it now for fear of hexing it last minute, but we finally move into our office on Tuesday.
nounBack to top
- Pete claims they can put a curse on you similar to the curses or hexes described by voodoo, witchcraft, or a good mummy story.
- Similarly, it is easier to introduce a hex, curse, cold, whatever, than it is to heal it, stop it, etc.
- They throw curses and hexes around without a second thought.
mid 19th century (as a verb): from Pennsylvanian German hexe (verb), Hex (noun), from German hexen (verb), Hexe (noun).
hag from (Middle English):
This word used disparagingly (old hag) is literally ‘an evil spirit in female form, a witch’: it derives perhaps from Old English hægtesse, hegtes, related to Dutch heks and German Hexe ‘witch’, source of hex (early 19th century).
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
- While providing a full set of features for editing raw hex bytes, FlexHEX also supports editing binary data as typed values in a number of formats.
- The next three bytes store the hex value 000001, which denotes a first-generation CPPM system, and are followed by a series of encrypted 8-byte Key Data values.
- To accomplish this, just substitute 0xc0a8090a in the filter code with the IP address of your choice in hex notation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.