- Cast a spell on; bewitch: he hexed her with his fingersMore example sentences
- This happened in real life in Tulsa, Okla., where administrators at Union Intermediate High School accuse Brandi, 15, of hexing a teacher.
- And for those who have not walked the craft path, just a reminder: we do not worship or believe in the DEVIL and we do not go around hexing people - unless they severely deserve it.
- I'm not sure I should mention it now for fear of hexing it last minute, but we finally move into our office on Tuesday.
nounBack to top
- 1A magic spell; a curse: a death hexMore example sentences
- Pete claims they can put a curse on you similar to the curses or hexes described by voodoo, witchcraft, or a good mummy story.
- Similarly, it is easier to introduce a hex, curse, cold, whatever, than it is to heal it, stop it, etc.
- They throw curses and hexes around without a second thought.
mid 19th century (as a verb): from Pennsylvanian German hexe (verb), Hex (noun), from German hexen (verb), Hexe (noun).
adjective & noun
- short for hexadecimal.More example sentences
- While providing a full set of features for editing raw hex bytes, FlexHEX also supports editing binary data as typed values in a number of formats.
- The next three bytes store the hex value 000001, which denotes a first-generation CPPM system, and are followed by a series of encrypted 8-byte Key Data values.
- To accomplish this, just substitute 0xc0a8090a in the filter code with the IP address of your choice in hex notation.