- A group or set of six: each segment, down to the tiniest hexad of cilia, is practically identical in shapeMore example sentences
- These axes are, respectively, diads, triads, tetrads, and hexads.
- Unfortunately there are not hexads or octads in nature.
- The duodecad can be considered as two hexads, upper and lower; as three tetrads, working in dynamic cooperation; or as four triads in a synthesis of immanence and transcendence.
mid 17th century (denoting a series of six numbers): from Greek hexas, hexad-, from hex 'six'.
More definitions of hexadDefinition of hexad in:
- The US English dictionary