Definition of hexahedron in English:
noun (plural hexahedra ˌhɛksəˈhiːdrə or hexahedrons)
A solid figure with six plane faces.
- It is commonly called a cube but is formally known as a hexahedron.
- The regular hexahedron is part of the family of 5 platonic solids, which are the most regular polyhedra.
- To build an origami hexahedron you will need three of these shapes with three different colors.
Late 16th century: from Greek hexaedron, neuter (used as a noun) of hexaedros 'six-faced'.
- Example sentences
- The aim of this project is to develop an algorithm for the generation of hexahedral element meshes.
- The capsule is roughly hexahedral and comprises six edge-sharing triangles with two metal ions on each edge.
- The eight-node hexahedral elements are therefore superior to tetrahedral elements for finite element analysis.
Definition of hexahedron in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan