- Any of the class of simple sugars whose molecules contain six carbon atoms, such as glucose and fructose. They generally have the chemical formula C6H12O6.More example sentences
- For example, fruit pulp of many species contains the disaccharide sucrose and the hexoses, glucose and fructose.
- The most important monosaccharides are hexoses such as glucose and galactose.
- Like fructose, it is a six-carbon atom sugar, or a hexose.
More definitions of hexoseDefinition of hexose in:
- The US English dictionary