Definition of hidrosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The action of sweating.
- Patients presenting with palmar-plantar hidrosis deserve a trial of all conservative treatments including iontophoresis before more aggressive techniques such as botulinum toxin are tried.
- Fewer than 6 percent of patients had severe compensatory hidrosis, and the recurrence rate was 3 percent.
- Protein losses in sweat, protein hidrosis, also occur as a result of exercise.
mid 19th century: from Greek hidrōsis, from hidrōs 'sweat'.
- Example sentences
- Clouston syndrome (or hidrotic ectodermal dysplasia) is a rare disease that affects one in 100 000 subjects.
- In the hidrotic form of ED, the sweat glands function improperly.
- Clouston syndrome is an hidrotic form of ectodermal dysplasia, inherited as an autosomal dominant trait with high penetrance.
Definition of hidrosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan