- A person who travels around selling small items; a pedlar.More example sentences
- Hawkers (known as higglers), their bargains purchased overseas, return to set up their wares on the sidewalks, competing with time-honoured merchants who display goods indoors.
- Some higglers block the entrance to the ‘most important’ Anglican church in the nation and refuse to move when ordered to by the representatives of the Government.
- The higglers ' principal occupation was travelling from farm to farm buying provisions at farm gates and selling them in the urban markets for profit.
More definitions of higglerDefinition of higgler in:
- The US English dictionary