- A kind of lipoprotein in blood plasma that promotes the transfer of cholesterol to the liver for excretion or reuse.More example sentences
- Levels of triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and blood pressure were adjusted for age and sex.
- The beneficial effects of estrogen include lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and higher high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels.
- Indeed, a decrease in body weight is associated with improved blood triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels.
More definitions of high-density lipoproteinDefinition of high-density lipoprotein in:
- The US English dictionary