- A chemical explosive of the kind used in shells and bombs, which is more rapid and destructive in its effects than gunpowder: a future stealthy cruise missile could carry half a ton of high explosives [mass noun]: officers recovered enough high explosive for about six small bombsMore example sentences
- He points out that, when it comes to building a nuclear bomb, obtaining high explosives is only a small part of a very complicated procedure.
- The builders of these bombs wouldn't have much trouble getting their hands on high explosives - dynamite is readily available, and TNT isn't too hard to come by.
- The missile is armed with a 3kg high explosive warhead loaded with tungsten ball projectiles.
More definitions of high explosiveDefinition of high explosive in:
- The US English dictionary