Definition of high forest in English:
1Forest consisting of tall trees.
- Covering her face with her hands, she prayed with all the force of her spirit, giving thanks for her safe arrival in the high forest.
- There was not much life in the high forest, and Telli had found nothing to eat by sundown, so was forced to pass a cold and hungry night that night, not daring to light a fire now that he was aware of the presence of large and hungry bears.
- Hans Paasche, a German officer, came across a canoe being constructed some ten kilometers south of the Rufiji River in the high forest of the Kichi hills.
1.1 Forestry Forest raised wholly or mainly from seed, especially as opposed to pollarded or coppiced forest.
- The oldest artificial cedar forests in France expanded through natural regeneration under more or less intensive silvaculture, leading to significant changes in the ecosystem: from poor forest or overgrazed open field to high forest.
- Mr J. V. Crossland, district officer, and Mr D. Morley, forester in charge of this forest, led the way to Scale Green, a coppice wood which is now being converted to uneven age mixed high forest.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan