- 1Forest consisting of tall trees.More example sentences
- Covering her face with her hands, she prayed with all the force of her spirit, giving thanks for her safe arrival in the high forest.
- There was not much life in the high forest, and Telli had found nothing to eat by sundown, so was forced to pass a cold and hungry night that night, not daring to light a fire now that he was aware of the presence of large and hungry bears.
- Hans Paasche, a German officer, came across a canoe being constructed some ten kilometers south of the Rufiji River in the high forest of the Kichi hills.
- 1.1 Forestry Forest raised wholly or mainly from seed, especially as opposed to pollarded or coppiced forest.More example sentences
- The oldest artificial cedar forests in France expanded through natural regeneration under more or less intensive silvaculture, leading to significant changes in the ecosystem: from poor forest or overgrazed open field to high forest.
- Mr J. V. Crossland, district officer, and Mr D. Morley, forester in charge of this forest, led the way to Scale Green, a coppice wood which is now being converted to uneven age mixed high forest.