Definition of high-impact in English:
1(Of plastic or a similar substance) able to withstand great impact without breaking.
- The co-molded housing of high-impact plastic and rubber is as rugged as it looks.
- The floodlight's housing and lens are made of high-impact plastic and can rotate and pivot to direct light to precise areas.
- A strengthened headband merges high-impact plastic with stainless steel at the stress points to keep the Air 3500 strong, yet lightweight and comfortable.
2Denoting exercises, typically aerobics, that place a great deal of stress on the body.
- Due to bad knees, I can't do a lot of high-impact cardio exercises.
- Consistently performing high-impact exercise on a hard surface is how you bring about overtraining and related injuries.
- Participants find that years of stress on the body due to high-impact aerobic classes have damaged their joints.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan