- 1(Of plastic or a similar substance) able to withstand great impact without breaking.More example sentences
- The co-molded housing of high-impact plastic and rubber is as rugged as it looks.
- The floodlight's housing and lens are made of high-impact plastic and can rotate and pivot to direct light to precise areas.
- A strengthened headband merges high-impact plastic with stainless steel at the stress points to keep the Air 3500 strong, yet lightweight and comfortable.
- 2Denoting exercises, typically aerobics, that place a great deal of stress on the body.More example sentences
- Due to bad knees, I can't do a lot of high-impact cardio exercises.
- Consistently performing high-impact exercise on a hard surface is how you bring about overtraining and related injuries.
- Participants find that years of stress on the body due to high-impact aerobic classes have damaged their joints.