Definition of high-level in English:
1At or of a level above that which is normal or average: a high-level cistern
More example sentences
- At the rear, the talllight clusters are stacked vertically, positioned high out of harm's way, and a high-level brake light is integrated into the roofline above the two rear doors.
- Obviously others have done the vast majority of the work for me on this piece, so here's a few high-level links to collections of information that were invaluable to me in this writing.
- His achievement, along with consistent high-level performances, meant Lampard finished second behind Barcelona's Ronaldinho in the European Footballer of the Year poll.
1.1Relating to or involving people of high administrative rank or great authority: high-level negotiations
More example sentences
- It is unusual to hold high-level negotiations, except summits, outside a country's capital, the sources said.
- Levy, who assumed the top job late this summer, has held a variety of mid- and high-level administrative jobs at community colleges since 1989.
- A spokesman for the Minister for Environment confirmed that high-level negotiations have been on-going, but declined to comment on the IFA proposals.
1.2 Computing Denoting a programming language that is relatively accessible to the user, having instructions that resemble a natural language such as English.
- The above features would be easy and straightforward for an experienced Web/database programmer to implement in a high-level language, such as Perl or Python.
- Java is a high-level programming language developed by Sun Microsystems to run in a web environment.
- Although this obviously complicates things somewhat, modern high-level languages make the difference between these two data structures easily understood.
1.3(Of nuclear waste) highly radioactive and requiring long-term storage in isolation.
- For more than two decades, the United States government has been attempting to develop a plan for the storage of high-level nuclear wastes.
- More than 2700 canisters of high-level radioactive waste extracted from the fuel are due to be returned to Japan within the next 15 years.
- The campaign to keep high-level nuclear waste out of Utah and Nevada is just beginning.
Definition of high-level in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan