Definition of high-pitched in English:
1(Of a sound) high: a high-pitched wail
More example sentences
- Above 20,000 hz the high-pitched sounds are not heard by the human ear, but ultrasonic sound is perceptible and even produced by certain animals such as bats and dolphins.
- The high-pitched sound can only be heard by the young and is designed to be so annoying that they move away.
- Hearing loss in old age is usually gradual, and often begins with being unable to hear the most high-pitched sounds.
2(Of a roof) steep.
- The Tudor-style architecture, with its stone pillars and high-pitched roofs, is influenced but not created by Kinkade.
- A high-pitched roof and a large skylight guaranteed ventilation and light.
- The Petersham's Gothic façade, complete with tower and high-pitched roofs, has been a landmark since it was built in 1865.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.