- Having a senior or important position in a particular hierarchy: a high-ranking government officialMore example sentences
- Several of the prime suspects, accused by human rights groups of masterminding the violence, are high-ranking government ministers.
- Collaborative work received the highest ranking by the survey respondents.
- Mr. Rafsanjani traveled over the weekend to the northeastern city of Mashad to discuss the postelection political crisis with high-ranking Shiite clerics.
More definitions of high-rankingDefinition of high-ranking in:
- The US English dictionary