- 1North American A secondary school.More example sentences
- Aaron and Samantha were only a few days apart and were in the same grade in high school.
- The gap is especially pronounced for kids who attend large high schools in urban areas with lots of students from low-income families.
- They both lived in Bakersfield, California, but they attended different high schools.
- 2(In the UK except Scotland) used chiefly in names of grammar schools or independent fee-paying secondary schools, or for the lower years of a secondary school: Wycombe High SchoolMore example sentences
- Several independent high schools have already complained that pupils' scores were reduced by markers in a bid to avoid claims that exams are becoming easier.
- Results of the tests determine whether they go to a grammar or a high school in September.
- The 30-year contract involves the provision of 10 new primary schools, two special schools and two high schools.
- More example sentences
- This beautifully written and illustrated book would serve as an excellent guide and resource for high schoolers.
- This was a place much frequented by high schoolers and college students.
- From these 20 high schoolers, four students were chosen to attend the International Chemistry Olympiad.
More definitions of high schoolDefinition of high school in:
- The US English dictionary