- 1Using, requiring, or involved in high technology: a high-tech security systemMore example sentences
- It's the first time the committee has applied such a high-tech security system.
- The couple were quickly alerted to the disturbance by the high-tech security system around their home.
- Thieves managed to by-pass the hi-tech security systems and get into the aviary.
- 1.1(Chiefly in architecture and interior design) using styles and materials, such as steel, glass, and plastic, that are associated with industrial use.More example sentences
- Plus I love the Ikon building itself - Victorian terracotta gothic meets hi-tech steel and glass.
- At the rear of each court is a high-tech glass wall that rises to the full height of the building.
- Nancy Jordan lived in a clean white house made of the latest hi-tech materials.
nounBack to top
- (high tech) short for high technology.More example sentences
- He starts with the information era and moves on to the next high tech world of molecular science.
- Digital technology now makes up a portion of an organ, some parts of the factory look like a high tech lab.
- Using high tech haematology analysers, intolerant foods can be identified.
More definitions of high-techDefinition of high-tech in:
- The US English dictionary