- (Of metal) very strong under tension: high-tensile steelMore example sentences
- To reduce body weight, the automaker switched to 80-kg/cm2 high-tensile steel for key frame components.
- Under the bonnet, high-tensile steel combines with magnesium and aluminium to give a chassis with a claimed 46 per cent increase in torsional stiffness.
- Carbon fibre is pre-impregnated directly onto honeycomb panels to form the body shell, with a roll-over bar manufactured from high-tensile steel.
More definitions of high-tensileDefinition of high-tensile in:
- The US English dictionary