adjectivechiefly North American
- Stylish or superior: an oasis of classily high-toned cultureMore example sentences
- With property taxes spiraling dramatically, the place also risks turning into a high-toned playground for the rich.
- The current catalog of the high-toned house Westminster John Knox Press, for example, features The Gospel According to the Simpsons.
- However, his publisher seems to have required a more high-toned explanation before furnishing him with a fresh tranche of money and renown.
More definitions of high-tonedDefinition of high-toned in:
- The US English dictionary