Denoting a soft-soled sports shoe with a laced upper that extends some distance above the wearer’s ankle.
- Comfortable shoes were bound on my feet, a weightless high-top shoe laced with strings white and wide.
- Wearing high-top sneakers may help prevent an ankle injury.
- Doctors do not recommend any special footwear, such as high-top shoes or shoes with arch supports, because these ‘treatments’ do not affect arch development.
A pair of high-top shoes.
- Hey, man, you need turf shoes, spikes, running shoes, high-tops, three-quarter-tops and low-tops.
- Looking under the door, I saw a pair of orange high-tops.
- The local live coverage should focus on that guy running in high-tops and a pair of cut-offs.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: high-top
Definition of high-top in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.