- 1A high tightrope.More example sentences
- The girls look down from the high wire riding bicycles across the taut cable toward each other.
- Loretta Bailey, especially, who tackles Maria with a flighty charm, is performing on a very high wire.
- This is not a momentary wobble: at this point the acrobat has slipped off the high wire altogether and brought the show to a tragic halt.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting an activity requiring great skill or judgement: the high-wire act performed daily by many mental health workersMore example sentences
- He has tremendous personal charisma and he performed a high wire political act that was irresistible to the media.
- ‘America's reliance on foreign capital,’ he writes, ‘is a balancing act on a very high wire.’
- It's like working on the high wire without a net, or a leap in the dark - with a pair of scissors… and a can of gasoline.
More definitions of high wireDefinition of high wire in:
- The US English dictionary