noun[usually treated as singular]
- Advanced mathematics, such as number theory and topology, as taught at university level.More example sentences
- In November 1877, Cremona was appointed to the chair of higher mathematics at the University of Rome.
- Napier did not acquire his knowledge of higher mathematics at St Andrews nor did he acquire his deep knowledge of classical literature there.
- During the period 1892-1908 the University of Chicago was unsurpassed in America as an institution for the study of higher mathematics.
More definitions of higher mathematicsDefinition of higher mathematics in:
- The US English dictionary