- Plants of relatively complex or advanced characteristics, especially vascular plants (including flowering plants).More example sentences
- In contrast to higher plants, lichens and mosses are capable of tolerating full dehydration.
- Most higher plants possess the ability to reconstitute their vascular tissues after relatively severe wounding.
- Nitrogen is one of the major growth-limiting nutrients for plants, and its source in most higher plants is nitrate taken up through roots.
More definitions of higher plantsDefinition of higher plants in:
- The US English dictionary