- 1 (His/Your etc. Highness) A title given to a person of royal rank, or used in addressing them: I am most grateful, Your HighnessMore example sentences
- His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales has been installed as an Honorary Freeman of the Company.
- Her Royal Highness, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, was an hour late.
- If I could have got close enough last week I would have thanked him personally, but His Highness was surrounded by photographers.
- 2 [mass noun] The quality of being high: the highness of her cheekbonesMore example sentences
- Her wide dark brown eyes and her thick coarse hair that she keeps styled in a professional bob accent the highness of her cheekbones.
More definitions of highnessDefinition of highness in:
- The US English dictionary