- An act of illegally seizing an aircraft, vehicle, or ship while in transit; a hijack: he was involved in a hijacking in 1981 [mass noun]: measures to prevent hijackingMore example sentences
- The country has the highest number of murders, rapes, hijackings and violent robberies in the world.
- The new security regulations are being introduced to reduce the risk of terrorism and other criminal acts, including hijackings and piracy.
- When combined with a recent murder, car hijackings and muggings, the streets of this city are becoming increasingly dangerous.
More definitions of hijackingDefinition of hijacking in:
- The US English dictionary