- An act of starting to drive a vehicle from a stationary position on an incline: a badly bungled hill startMore example sentences
- The car simplifies hill starts by holding automatically until the driver accelerates away.
- Many motorists seemed to think that the only way to make progress on a hill start was to floor the accelerator.
- I remember the day I was doing a hill start during a lesson and balanced the clutch and the gas so well that when I let down the hand-brake, the car neither rolled backwards nor lurched forwards.
More definitions of hill startDefinition of hill start in:
- The US English dictionary