Definition of hillock in English:
A small hill or mound.
- This is the top of Pole Hill, a wooded hillock in Norman Tebbitt's old stomping round of Chingford.
- For no less than three miles this vast upland of hillocks and brows roll on, serried knolls which appear to stretch onwards into infinity.
- Le Moulin Rouge is an exotic nightclub situated in Montmartre, a community on the Butte hillock overlooking Paris.
- Example sentences
- The relief is far from uniform: hillocky areas intermingled with low mountains, plain and river valleys.
- Its relief is typically hillocky with the absolute marks up to 228 m.
- They have a hillocky surface, and the soils profile is poor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan