- A hummingbird that typically lives at high altitude, especially in the Andes, and is adapted to the harsher climate there.
More example sentences
- Family Trochilidae: two genera, in particular Oreotrochilus, and five species
- On the routes guests see a wide variety of birds including hummingbirds, hillstars and many species of birds of prey.
- Resident birds such as wedge-tailed hillstars and Cochamba mountain finches seek shelter from the blowing wind.
- Some like the hillstars of the High Andes nest in small caves from which they hang their nests, some hang theirs from the underside of leaves